Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sick and Pregnant...

The kiddos at school really got me this time!  I woke up Thursday morning with a scratchy throat, nothing huge.  I hoped it would go away by Friday as I had class Friday evening and Saturday all day.  I was also supposed to chaperone my kids at prom Saturday.

I think I officially experienced my most embarrassing moment last weekend in class.  The professor asked each of us in class to share our thoughts on an assignment he had us working on independently.  The combination of feeling so poorly (sore throat, cough, cold), literally not being able to speak, and raging pregnancy hormones made the tears start flowing.  It was so embarrassing!  I had to take a break and remove myself from the class to calm down.  Luckily, my professor let me leave at noon.  It was a pretty miserable hour drive home but I made it.

Prom was definitely out of the question.  I heard the kids had tons of fun.  I'm so bummed I had to miss it.  I ended up taking 3 days off of work, really unusual for me and tough on students and coworkers.  I've been back for 2 days now and am starting to get into my groove again.  Graduation is tomorrow!  As this is a pregnancy related blog I figure I had better mention that I officially have nothing to wear to the ceremony.  It's a good thing I get to hide under a big black gown!

Below are a few pics from kids at prom as well as the U2 concert they attended as special guests :o)

The kids with a student assistant who was crowned prom queen.
They got to meet Tim Tebow at the concert!



Party animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment