Friday, April 1, 2011

Telling Family and Close Friends

Our families and friends had a front row seat to the pain we endured for the past 6 months.  They have been wonderfully supportive and loving.  Through everything, we have been most appreciative of our support system.  I only hope we can pay them back in some way for the wonderful things they have done/support they have given us, they're incredible.

When announcing a pregnancy the inevitable question arrises: Do we tell them now our wait until 12 weeks?  My philosophy is simple.  If, God forbid, we were to have another miscarriage I would rely on my family and close friends for support again.  They would find out at that point anyway, we might as well tell them while it's still a happy occasion!  

The day we found out about the pregnancy we wanted to tell our families right away.  We wanted to announce the pregnancy in a creative way.  After deciding to grab a celebratory hamburger for dinner, we had the idea to make t-shirts.  Jesse's would have a hamburger with an arrow to his belly, mine would have our approximate due date with an arrow to my belly.  Jesse wore a jacket with a zipper and I wore a hoodie.  He started the announcement by saying "look at my new shirt" followed by me saying "...and look at mine!"  It was a hit!  We have since told several of our close friends in the same way!




2 comments:

  1. TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the tshirt idea!! When/if I ever have babies..I'm stealing your idea. Hope that's okay :)

    ReplyDelete