Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I feel like I have a lot to say, get ready...

This weekend I finally bit the bullet.  I did quite a bit of research and finally decided that I'm not the only one who needed to be in maternity pants so early.  At just 10.5 weeks I was feeling a little ridiculous having my jeans unbuttoned and tucked in.  The following is a synopsis of my maternity pant search:

  • Ross: total bust.  I am not cool enough nor do I have the right figure for skinny jeans.
  • Marshall's: really disappointed.  They don't even have a maternity section!
  • Old Navy: left more confused than I arrived.  The HUGE size I tried on in vain (only to make myself feel better about my expanding waistline) was so tight I couldn't even get them up.  The pants which are actually my size ended up falling off because they were soooo big.  My girlfriend tried to tell me that it was because they were different cuts... that's crap.  No two sizes should be that far apart!!!
  • Kohl's: victory!  I went with my mom and sister yesterday and actually found a pair that fit well!  Unfortunately, they only had 1 pair.
  • Easter Bunny: Today, the easter bunny left me a pair of maternity pants (that fit!) in my basket!  I'm lucky to have such a great family!
I'm starting to wonder if we can pull off not saying anything at work for another 4 weeks.  Originally, we wanted to announce our pregnancy on May 18th, the due date of our 1st pregnancy.  I'm a week and a half out from 12 weeks (the safe zone).  I think we may just have to announce it then (not that I'm upset, I can't wait to tell everyone!).  Also, working with kids with special needs can get pretty physical at times.  I don't want my coworkers to think I'm ditching out on helping to lift kids much longer.  I don't want them to think I'm slacking!  We'll see how it goes :o)

A friend emailed me this link.  It's an animation of pregnancy through the trimesters.  Pretty interesting!  http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/  

This morning we attended Easter service at church.  I don't consider myself to be much of a religious person but the minister (also the officiant from our wedding) has a beautiful way of speaking.  His words are so gentle, thought provoking, and not too "churchy".  Today he was talking about Easter as a symbol of fertility and new life.  His message was that wherever you are in life this day can serve as a reminder that the rest of your days hold wonderful possibilities.  He is certainly correct in our circumstances.  The Christmas Eve service was exceptionally difficult to get through last year.  The miscarriage was still pretty fresh and his message revolved around "finding a home" for the holidays.  He acknowledged that we have all endured pain in the past year, some more than others, and needed to find comfort in family, friends, and the holidays.  While sitting in the pews today I glanced up to the balcony, where we sat at the Christmas Eve service.  I am so thankful for how far we've come, for the wonderful people we have in our lives, and for my loving husband.  Thank you, each and every one of my family and friends, who have supported and loved us through this trying time in our lives.  We are so lucky to have you.  May this year be filled with wonderful possibilities for everyone.    


No comments:

Post a Comment